It also covers garbage collector, memory/performance profiling, code caching subjects.
- V8 source code
- Official website - I recommend you to check out their blog, a lot of great topics covered. Also, they post information about newly released versions of the engine and other updates.
NaN === NaN; // -> false // ---------------------- !! // -> true  == true // -> false // ---------------------- typeof NaN; // -> 'number'
Another Awesome list devoted to the Node.JS ecosystem. It has useful tools, books, tutorials, blogs, cheatsheets, etc.
Examples of implementations of handy functions you use often.
Why you should care: according to the 2018 Node.js user survey, 24% of Node.js developers use Windows locally and 41% use Mac. In production 85% use Linux and 1% use BSD.
Sometimes you should think about compatibility with other platforms. Good questions covered - for example, why you should point an encoding when reading a file or warn you that
os.cpus() is always
0 on Windows.
A collection of security advices when developing Node applications.
- OWASP Top 10 Web Application Security Risks
- Awesome Node security - another Awesome list of resources devoted to security. There are related books & articles as well.
- Damn Vulnerable NodeJS Application - a simple NodeJS application to demonstrate OWASP Top 10 Vulnerabilities and guide on fixing and avoiding these vulnerabilities.
Design patterns implemented in JS - e.g. what types of factories we can implement, what is builder, prototype or singleton, what is structural design patterns, etc.
Well grouped algorithms with strong explanations. See an example for Bellman–Ford Algorithm.
More from the author:
- nano-neuron - a simplified version of how neurons work in neural networks.